This Mandela Day, help Book Dash on our mission to get books into every young child’s hands, homes and hearts.
When you donate R670 to Book Dash, we will:
- send 8 books to children in hospitals through our trusted partners in healthcare
- As a thank you, we’ll also send you a limited edition ‘My Little Book Dash Library’ featuring 8 Book Dash books to give to a child in your life!
Delivery & Timing:
- Please ensure to give us your correct address in full — we will send the ‘My Little Library’ to the address provided.
- Only local/South African deliveries can be accommodated. For time and cost reasons we can deliver within 50kms of a main city centre. Outlying areas may require additional payments, we’ll be in touch if this is the case.
- The campaign runs 17th – 23rd July.
- Deliveries will be processed after the 24th and thank you gifts should arrive in main city centres by end July or early August.
About Book Dash
Book Dash is a South African not-for-profit literacy and publishing project to get more books into children’s homes.
We gather volunteers creatives to create and publish beautiful African picturebooks. Then, we partner with donors and literacy organizations to get them to children to own to support their early literacy development. To date, we’ve created 188 new African picturebooks and distributed over 3 million copies to children to own. The books are shared widely all over the world, adapted and re-printed to reach children globally.
You can read the full Book Dash story collection for free at www.bookdash.org/books. Share it with children in your life!
If you want to donate a different amount you can do so at www.bookdash.org/donate (only donations of R670 donated for this Mandela Day campaign qualify for the thank you gift).