We’re interested in changing the face of access to children’s books globally, and in South Africa in particular. Book Dash drives a collective effort to increase book ownership for the youngest children.
The core Book Dash team consists of experienced publishing professionals and social impact innovators, but it takes many stakeholders to make and sustain our track record of impressive impact.
- The Board members who advise on strategy and governance.
- The generous creatives who volunteer their time and talent to make our beautiful books for children, in just twelve hours.
- The funders and champions who believe in our shared vision of every child owning one hundred books by age five. They work with us to unlock opportunities to make that happen.
- The trusted distribution partners, working on the ground to get our books into the hands and hearts of children
- The core Book Dash team that drive the organisation forward and make sure it sticks around for a long time to come.
The Board comprises book-production pros, sustainability specialists and open-license aficionados. They provide management with ongoing input on our strategic direction.
Chair of the Board
The management team’s skills stretch from educational publishing and large-scale literacy interventions, to business administration and organisational management. They manage operations and strategy day-to-day to make sure that Book Dash not only survives, but thrives.
Project & Admin Manager