We’re interested in changing the face of access to children’s books globally, and in South Africa in particular. Book Dash drives a collective effort to increase book ownership for the youngest children.
The core Book Dash team consists of experienced publishing professionals and social impact innovators, but it takes many stakeholders to make and sustain our track record of impressive impact.
- The Board members who advise on strategy and governance.
- The generous creatives who volunteer their time and talent to make our beautiful books for children, in just twelve hours.
- The funders and champions who believe in our shared vision of every child owning one hundred books by age five. They work with us to unlock opportunities to make that happen.
- The trusted distribution partners, working on the ground to get our books into the hands and hearts of children
- The core Book Dash team that drive the organisation forward and make sure it sticks around for a long time to come.
The Board comprises book-production pros, sustainability specialists and open-license aficionados. They provide management with ongoing input on our strategic direction.
Chair of the Board
Core Management Team
The management team’s skills stretch from educational publishing and large-scale literacy interventions, to business administration and organisational management. They manage operations and strategy day-to-day to make sure that Book Dash not only survives, but thrives.
Publishing and Production Coordinator
Project and Admin Manager
Key Service Providers
Book Dash works with a network of trusted suppliers who provide services and support in key organisational development areas. These suppliers are integrated into Book Dash’s systems and immersed in our culture. They believe in our vision as strongly as the core team and we consider them our extended family! This way of working allows us to stay lean in terms of permanent staff, with access to expansive expertise.
The Virtual FD
Fundraising and Strategy
Digital Publishing Management