Book Dash is looking for a small team of tech-savvy graduates or freelancers available immediately for short term contract work within the month of February.
The job would comprise work on our WordPress site to upload all existing African language versions of our books for the world to enjoy.
There is no software development work or experience required for this job and you don’t need to be able to speak an African language to be able to do the work.
Book Dash is a South African, not-for-profit publisher of beautiful, African picturebooks for all to enjoy. Our vision is that “Every child should own one hundred books by the age of five”. You can read the books here: bookdash.org/books.
You’d be an ideal fit for this job if:
- You’re already familiar with working in WordPress
- You’re meticulous, pay attention to detail and enjoy following a structured workflow
- You have your own laptop and would be willing and able to work from a COVID-safe office location in Salt River, Cape Town
- Are available to work between the 17th – 23rd February, ideally full days (at least 25 hours, potentially more)
- Enjoy working in a team to get a job done
- Ideally, our vision resonates with you and you value the power of books to change lives
- Please note that there is no software development involved in this job, and experience in that field is therefore not required but an understanding of how websites work is preferable.
Outline of the job:
- You’ll be uploading multiple African language versions of Book Dash’s extensive library of picturebooks to our website, allowing them to be read by anyone
- You’ll need to follow the workflow provided and report to a team leader, correcting errors that come up
- You would be paid a rate/book uploaded and report on your progress to a team leader
- You’ll be provided with training, expected to have your own machine and ideally be able to work from a COVID-safe office in Salt River, Cape Town
- We’re also seeking a Team Leader who would have additional quality assurance responsibilities, and be responsible for keeping the project on track and the team working according to timelines provided.
Interested candidates must please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- your full name as the subject line
- a short explanation of prior experience, especially WordPress experience, and experience working in or managing a team, that would make you a good fit for this job
- at least one reference or testimonial from someone for whom you’ve done similar work
- any qualifications you feel relevant
Expression of interest is due by 3pm on Friday, 12th February 2021, but we may fill up spaces as appropriate candidates apply.
Questions can be sent to email@example.com